Purpose and Outcomes
The purpose of the ACH PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program is to build on the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for post graduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
- Emphasis will be placed on communication, lifelong learning and evidence-based medicine management in the unique setting of a community hospital
- We recognize the importance of building strong trusting relationships with both patients and other care providers and will cultivate those bonds in our training
The ACH PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program will provide residents with experience, confidence and support to:
- Participate in the provision of pharmaceutical care by providing direct patient care; participating in practice management; developing, implementing and enhancing pharmacy services; and providing drug information resources and consults to other providers
- Develop educational skills including small group, large group and clinical precepting through participation in the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) College of Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program and by precepting students from NEOMED, University of Toledo, and Ohio Northern University.
- Participate in professional development through attending local and national organization meetings, participation in pharmacy organizations and collaboration with other providers, faculty members and students
- Design and implement a major longitudinal project that will be submitted for publication in an appropriate journal as well as presented at a regional residency conference and on national conference